Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Year of Transition

This has been a year of transition for me. I worked on my studio and on a sculpture for the first half. But more significant is the upcoming book I've been writing. The myth about the all-consuming nature of writing is not unfounded. My novel is nearly finished and I'm already thinking about the next.
In addition, I've completed several paintings in the last two weeks. It is reassuring to know I have not forgotten how to paint. It seemed like a good idea to practice for the upcoming event where I will be joining my friend, Ingrid Gipson in her Big Cedar, Oklahoma studio. On November 3rd, Ingrid will be celebrating the unveiling of her most recent sculpture and invited me to do a painting demonstration that afternoon from 1 - 5pm. It's going to be fun, rain or shine.